Leadership Development Program
The Leadership Development Program is designed for High School Lacrosse Force players looking to volunteer their time to help coach and learn from our elite staff. This program is designed to give the selected High Schoolers the opportunity to give back to the youth in the form of coaching or refereeing Lacrosse Force youth programs like our after school programs and fall ball league).
The leadership program encourages the youth by providing them with mentors while giving High School participants confidence in their coaching abilities on and off the field. Our goal with this program is to help equip future coaches with knowledge and basic principles of coaching lacrosse all while emphasizing the development of the next generation of leaders.
We believe that this program relates back to BRIDGING (Build, Battle, Bridge) the gap between lacrosse players and their community. More specifically, this program allows for our upper classmen to learn life skills and become men for others while building lasting relationships with the youth.
Beyond the game, we strive to evolve the competence and character of this generation’s player. We use the game of lacrosse to build the next generation of leaders by intertwining life lessons and sportsmanship through an extremely fun environment. We believe the player’s growth on the field would be of little value without the gain of maturity.
Why be a part of the LF Leadership Development Program?
- Gain basic coaching experience from our expert coaches
- Build confidence in teaching on and off the field
- Develop leadership skills that will last far Beyond the Game
- Be a man for others
- Earn service hours
- Experience what it means to be a positive role model and to have the youth look up to you
How do I participate in the program?
- Grades 10-12
- Basic lacrosse skill and knowledge
- Seniority is given to the players who have played with Lacrosse Force the longest
- Exhibit a love for helping the game grow
- Fill out application below
What is expected from participants?
- Be a POSITIVE influence on the youth
- Run simple skills and drills sessions
- Referee games if need be
- Be a part of our Coaching Coaches sessions
- Commit to attending all events (on time and prompt)
Our LDP Alumni:
2015 Fall Ball Academy
- Mateo Echeverria
- Mason Roberts
- Chase Watson
- Greg Peterson
- Zack Austad
- Joshua Diggins
NEXT OPPORTUNITY FOR OUR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM:
Youth/Middle School Clinic sessions:
Starting end of October running in coincidence with our High School Travel team practices with some additional Saturdays being added.
Please fill out this application if you wish to participate in the Leadership Development Program.